Tourist at Home

A good traveller has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving. Lao-Tzu

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Thursday, June 07, 2007

The Melburnian Life

Backpackers sing the praises of St. Kilda, a suburb of Melbourne and they're right too. So cool and chaotic, lined with street cafe's, individual boutiques with names you wished you'd thought of e.g. Kinky Gerlinky

Since reaching a more (semi) permanent residence in the big smoke I have watched an Aussie Rules football game at the "G" (Melbourne Cricket Ground, no matter that this game was later reported as one of the most boring in decades due to the low scoring style of play. Funny how I picked up on this and didn't give the game my full attention.
Spent time re-creating English dishes including birthday spread complete with cornflake cakes and a tin foil hedgehog for Jen's birthday who I'm staying with. Soaking up art galleries, shopping and food in restaurants. Nice friends and fun places make me not want to leave this place just yet. I have a receptionist job now, a job in a delicious deli and an interview tomorrow for a youth guide for adventure holidays. Sorry blog has been lacking of late. If you read this and enjoy pls let me know

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home