Tourist at Home

A good traveller has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving. Lao-Tzu

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Saturday, November 25, 2006

In the middle of the Pacific Ocean or thereabouts



Honolulu, O'ahu, Hawaii

My time on O'ahu has been well spent on hot sun and beaches. Waikiki beach was a bit of a shock becuase of its mass tourism but is still a great place to learn to surf. After two hours trying to surf it began to dawn on me that the fantasy of surf cool takes more hard work.

The scenery is lush green mountains (Lost was filmed in parts of the island), urban sprawl in the city and deserted beaches as soon as you get out of town. Stayed in a really peaceful hostel and found it easy to meet people there. Watched surfing competitions from an amazing beach front perspective.

My last day was spent not seeing the memorial at Pearl Harbour and body boarding on the beach. I made friends on a hike which led to friends of friends. I have found people to be really helpful and kind. Giving me lifts to the airport, sharing their homes with me.

So now I just arrived in Fiji, Nadi to be exact which is on the bigger island. I'm only staying here one night to get orientated before escaping to an Island revelling in Fiji time. It may be a little while before I'm able to write again so just a warning. I am catching a yellow boat to the Yasawa island still toying with the idea of camping, only safely I hasten to add. So bye for now. I am currently trying to put pictures on the blog, however the computer is also operating on Fiji time x x x

2 Comments:

Blogger neeley said...

Yo Mazza,
finally worked out how to do this, Woo Hoo.
You look like your having the most amazing time.
I'm sooo proud of you.
We miss you tons.
The yutes on the street always asking how you are, not sure wheteher or not to give them your blog address, so let me know if i should.
Chat soon.
Love Neeley

4:07 AM  
Blogger dave said...

hi maz,

just found your blog while at work on my lunch break. i'm eating spaghetti bolognase, but i don't think it's as good as your travelling sounds...

keep up the posts, have fun,

dave.

4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home