Tourist at Home

A good traveller has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving. Lao-Tzu

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Chi ca go go



Howdee.

Well, they don't call it the Windy City for nothing but the weather has been really sunny over the weekend. Chicago is a great city, quite studenty with the hostel located downtown and surrounded by lots of cultural delights. The ones I have sampled include the Art Institute (for free) and "Friday night at the Movies" performed by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. The hostel gives you lots of benefits and I have found it easy to meet people and eat cheesecake in a chocolate factory esq interior.
I am buying a 15 day Amtrak train ticket which will keep me sorted until LA where I fly from. This afternoon I leave for Flagstaff Arizona on a 30 hour train; flannel and toothpaste on hand.

Be great if you have time to post a comment and let me hear your news too.

Ta ta for now- Maz

1 Comments:

Blogger Kimbrolynn said...

Marianne,
So wonderful meeting you in Chicago! I really had such a great time. I hope to keep in touch. Visit my page/blog at http://www.myspace.com/kweisass There are lots of pics of you, Susie and the rest of us on the slide show! I have links to all the pics if you'd like to copy any, just let me know!

Safe traveling! DON'T be a stranger :-)

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home